Data Classification Readiness Assessment.
Data compliance management is a complex process. With only approximately 6% of organisations being Microsoft E5 ready and in a position to implement information security and compliance successfully, this is even more crucial. CWSI has developed our Data Classification Readiness Assessment to help organisations define the problem and develop a roadmap to implement a data classification program using Microsoft Purview.
- Organisations’ data must be mapped to understand where the sensitive and critical data resides and who it could be exposed to.
- Sensitive data that is not classified and labelled makes it difficult to manage and mitigate any potential risks associated with the data.
- Data Classification requirements need to be clearly defined to meet the needs of the business and be relevant to real risks.
- Organisations struggle to implement Data Classification and DLP programs primarily because of lack of visibility into data landscape and having defined business requirements.
CWSI’s data classification insight tool autonomously maps your M365 information-in-motion.
By categorising your assets into over 300 out-of-the-box information categories, our tool will give you a comprehensive view of your data landscape, enabling us to identify what your data is, where it is, and even how it is being processed. Understanding your data structure is the key first step to developing a Data Classification program.
Visibility of your Sensitive Information
Visibility is the building block of information security. It determines how effective every other activity can be. CWSI can provide better information visibility to your organisation’s data.
CWSI’s Data Classification Readiness Assessment uses our state-of-the-art discovery tool, in conjunction with our tried and tested requirements gathering workshop methodology, to provide customers with all the basic building blocks to start implementing a structured Data Classification program.
What is included in the assessment output:
An executive report of your critical Microsoft 365 information, showing you:
- What data lives in your cloud.
- Where that data resides.
- How it flows between users, contacts, and organisations.
- A documented set of requirements for your Data Classification program, based on a workshop led by our expert data security consultants.
- A roadmap of recommended next steps to implement a data classification project using Microsoft Sensitivity labels